With Apple Search Ads you can promote you iOS mobile app to be shown in the first AppStore search result.
EMMA, Apple's integrated partner, allows you to mesure all the conversions that come from this format.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
To be able to measure your Apple Search Ads campaigns in EMMA, you must have the EMMA iOS SDK version 4.2.13 or higher. To know how to integrate the EMMA SDK click here.
1. Get your organization id and the certificates
Log in to your Apple Seachr Ads account to get your Organization ID and the necessary certificates to connect to EMMA.
- Get you Organization ID. To do this, you have to go to the upper right section where is your user name and copy the Account ID.
- Get the necessary certificates to do the connection with EMMA. To do this, click on settings from the dropdown menu from where you get your Account ID.
- Create your certificates from the API section by clicking on the Create API Certificate button.
- In the pop-up, fill in the name field and choose the Account read only option.
- Select the check of the certificate you have already created and select Download certificate from the Actions dropdown menu.
Once the certificates are downloaded, you will get to files (one .pem and other .key) that you will need to finalize the configuration in EMMA.
2. Configure Apple Search Ads in EMMA
The last thing left to start measuring your Apple Search Ads campaigns in EMMA is to connect the console to the EMMA apptracker following this easy steps.
- Log in to your EMMA account and go to the Integrations section.
- Edit the configuration of Apple Search Ads by clicking on the Edit integration button.
- Fill in the fields with the information obtain in your Apple console. In the Organization ID field you must put the Account ID that you have obtained from your Apple account. The certificate with .pem extension must be added in the Certification file field, and the file with the .key extensions must be added in the last field, key file.
- Click on Save&Connect to save your configuration.
Once you have completed all the these steps, you can begin to see the results of your Apple Search Ads campaigns in the EMMA Apptracker.
3. Frequent questions
What level of breakdown will I have?
In EMMA you will find your campaign by the same name the you gave to the campaign in the Apple console. In addition, you can easily differentiate it because it will have the Apple icon in front of the name.
As for the breakdown of the campaign, each source will take the name of the Ad Group you have given it in Apple Search Ads.
What data will I be able to see in EMMA?
From the EMMA Apptracker you will be able to see the data of impressions, clicks, cost, installations and in-app events carried out after the installation.