This guide provides the ability to test the correct implementation and activation of the Install Referrer on Android Apps using our SDK described here.
Follow the next steps:
1. Install the Android App without executing it.
2. Set the Smartphone into Development mode (More info).
3. Download and install (if not already installed) the Android SDK Tools from here.
- If only needed for test pursposes, we recommend the Standalone pack.
- Go to the “VIEW ALL DOWNLOADS AND SIZES” section on the link provided and get your platform package under “SDK Tools Only” table:
4. Connect the Android Device with the App installed to the computer using USB.
5. Search the path of the ADB tool and go there with a Terminal Emulator or similar (more info).
6. Execute the command “./adb devices” on Mac OS X or Linux, or “adb.exe devices” on Windows. You should get a result similar to this:
7. Now the test environment is completed. Open the App on the device and execute the following command on the ADB tool changing “MY.APP” for the correct name of this App:
adb shell am broadcast -a com.android.vending.INSTALL_REFERRER-ncom.MY.APP/com.emma.android.eMMaReferralReceiver –es “referrer”“utm_source=test_source&utm_medium=emma&utm_term=test_term&utm_content=test_content&utm_campaign=666″
8. You should let some time to the App to send us the Android Referral inserted manually. The best way is using the App a little bit.