- Tracking Facebook App Installs
- Facebook API: tracking of impressions, clicks and cost of campaigns
- Discrepancies with Facebook Mobile Ads Dashboard
Tracking Facebook App Installs
Facebook App Installs is the Facebook format oriented to reach new users in mobile devices.
In order to start measuring Facebook App Installs campaigns you need to follow these instructions:
1. Register your app with Facebook to get the Facebook App ID (you will need it later). You can check the specific instructions here in “Step 1: Register your Mobile App with Facebook”
2. Accept the Data Use Terms of Facebook from all the accounts with administrator rol in Facebook Developers.
3. Configure your Facebook App ID in EMMA to get the EMMA SOCIAL KEY, the code to connect your app with the Social SDK.
5. Setup your campaign with Facebook. Click here and follow “Get started quickly”
Performance data will automatically enter EMMA once the campaign is activated and generating data.
Facebook API: tracking impressions, clicks and cost of campaigns.
The new connection of API Facebook allows us to obtain impressions, clicks and cost of campaigns. To do this connection follow these steps:
1. Go to Facebook Developers and get into Facebook Login. There you must allow the url https://in.emma.io in Valid OAuth redirect URIs and check the Web OAuth Login as YES. You have to check the Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs as YES too.
*NOTE: Check the botton Native or Desktop App is selected as NO into Settings > Advanced:
2. Configure the Secret Key in the section My Account at EMMA. You can get this ID from the dashboard of Facebook Developers.
3. Go to Facebook Ads Manager and log in with an administrator roll.
4. Go to your account at EMMA and get in Acquisition > AppTracker, you will see the next information. Press Connect with Facebook:
Another option to connect with Facebook, is going to My Account at EMMA and connect through Apps > Get Data> Facebook.
5. If you haven't a active session in Facebook in the browser, when you click to connect you will notice this:
If you have an active session and the login is correct, you will see a pop up green indicating that the connection with Facebook was successful.
* This option connection with Facebook is entirely optional, and if you do not want to do this you simply close the dialog box generated automatically:
IMPORTANT : The connection with the Facebook API must be renewed every two months. If you stop measuring data or you back out the message " Connect with Facebook" you must follow the same process explained in this article.
Discrepancies with Facebook Mobile Ads Dashboard
Sometimes there are discrepancies between the Facebook dashboard and the EMMA dashboard.
That's why, within Facebook's Ads Manager, Facebook uses a 1-day view through and 28-day click-through attribution model. EMMA reports only on the installs generated from clicks with 28 day click-through.
Additionally, on Facebook's Ads Manager insights are surfaced based on impression or click time, not install or conversion time that we use at EMMA.
Please keep this in mind when comparing your reporting to Facebook Ads Manager reports.
While we work closely with Facebook to minimize these discrepancies, advertisers should be aware of the following reasons for them:
|Install Record Date||Facebook records new installs on the click/view time, which can be up to 28 days in the past.||EMMA records new installs on installation time (the very first launch of the app).|
|Attribution Window||Facebook attributes 1-day view-through and 28-day click-through based on impression or click time.||
EMMA reports only on the installs generated from clicks with 28 day click-through.
EMMA doesn't report on ad view installations.
** This is the main cause for discrepancies between EMMA and Facebook, please see screenshot on how to view the different attribution windows on Facebook below.
|Multi-Channel Source Attribution||Facebook attribution works as specified above regardless of other sources.||EMMA uses last click attribution.|
In order to view the different attribution windows on Facebook (compare the click-through attributed installs on Facebook with the ones on EMMA), visit Facebook and configure the attribution window as shown in the following screenshot:
For more information regarding possible discrepancies between Facebook and EMMA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I see clicks from Facebook App Installs campaigns in the EMMA dashboard?
The 3rd party integration with Facebook official partners includes only the conversion and engagement data. However Facebook allows an API connection to get impressions, clicks and campaign costs. Follow these instructions to enable it.
Can I see mobile app installs in Facebook dashboard and Power Editor?
Yes, with this integration you will be able to see conversions in both platforms, EMMA and Facebook dashboards.
¿What level of Facebook campaign detail is displayed in EMMA?
EMMA shows the campaign retail adding a new source per each Facebook campaign. EMMA doesn't show the adgroup.
How can I test my Facebook App Installs setup?
Facebook doesn’t allow check the setup in a test environment so we highly suggest to launch a test campaign with a budget cap to verify if the first installs are being registered in EMMA dashboard before open the cap.