1. Login EMMA website and go to Communication > Push.
2. First, select a name for your campaign (not visible for your users) and write the copy into the message box. Introduce our text replacement engine to insert the individual value of the tags attributed to your users:
- Insert the tags you want to use by displaying the "Insert a tag" option:
- The red highlighted tags are those attributes for which there is no user with that property:
- The black highlighted tags are those attributed for which there are users with that property:
- The tag list depends on the properties that your app sends to EMMA. Learn how to send tags through our iOS and Android SDK.
- If there are users who haven't assigned any property to one tag and they receive a communication with a text composed with this tag, they will only see the text without variables.
3. Set your push notification info:
- Scheduled date (optional): allows to schedule the sending in a specified date.
- Scheduled time (optional): allows to schedule the sending in a specified time.
Note: If you don't complete the scheduled options, the push notification will sent at the moment you press the send button.
- Set the time option::
Fixed GMT Time: the communication will be sent at the same time independently of the GMT time slots.
Device Local Time: the communication will be sent in different moments regarding to the GMT time slot of each country.
- Push life: Set the attribution window the push will be activated. The attribution window establishes the hours a transaction can be assigned to a push campaign if the user interact with the push (open the push) and made an action in the app after it.
- Select the frequency if you want to repeat your push campaign during a custom period (daily, weekly or monthly) and the specific day that you want to send it (one or more in weekly) .
4. Set the rich content extras:
- Push tag (optional): allows the interaction after the user opens the push (e.g. redirect the user to certain view or deep-linking products or apply a discount offer).
See the integration guides (Push Notifications > Push Tag) to integrate the method into your app.
- Push sound (optional): allows send the push notification with personalized sounds through the integrated sounds in your app.
- Rate (optional): allows to choose the number of push notifications that you want to send per second.
- Rich Push URL (optional): allows customize the redirection after the push opening. You can also use this option to make dynamics URL using the engines replacement. The use of the Rich Push URL is not compatible with the Push Tag through the same campaign.
See the integration guides (Push Notifications > Rich Push URL) to integrate the method into your app.You can use Rich Push URL in two different ways:
- Rich Push http/https URL (http://www.yoururl.com/whatever): shows an interstitial with web content set by the URL when the user opens the push
- Rich Push DeepLink URL (scheme://host/page1/page2/page3): redirects to a specific section or action into the app when the user opens the push. All the DeepLink structure is custom.
- Rich picture: you can attached an image with the text for iOS & Android devices. Choose file, select the image (jpg, png or gif) you will send on push communication, crop it if needed and save.
The minimum recommended size is 450x225px. We also suggest to leave a small margin around the image borders to avoid cuts (due to OS issues unrelated to EMMA) that could compromise the understanding of the art piece, especially if it includes text:
If you want modify the image after done it, you should click on change. But if you want to change the image, you should click on “choose file”.
5. Set your target through select the users segments created or add a new one. You can go here if you don’t know how to create segments.
As an extra security system in user segmentation, EMMA won't let you continue with the scheduling of the format if the result of the segmentation you have applied does not return at least one user.
In case you want to impact the whole database we recommend you to select all operating systems, OS, in the attributes box, equals, as a selection variant and finally manually select all operating systems.
Also, you must take into account that tags with more than 100k results won't be shown the list and you have to introduce manually the wanted values.
Once you have chosen the wanted filter, press on Refresh in order to update the number of users susceptible to being impacted.
Segment’s data can take time, it depends on the filter combination’s which you have selected and the users volume of your data base.
EMMA will show this info updated:
- Devices targeted: devices with the segmentation criteria.
- Active for push: devices with the segmentation criteria that have ever traced a valid token. This doesn't imply that at the time the push is sent, the devices active for the push have active notifications.
- Over Push Limit: active users for the push who have applied a frequency capping so they will not be reach. To customize your frequency capping, follow these instructions.
This is a functionality that allows you to see the behavior differences between users who view/receive a communication and users who don't view/receive it. In this way it will be possible to analyze whether that communication is achieving the desired results or not and to be able to make the pertinent changes to achieve the wanted results.
The percentage set in the control group will be the percentage of users who will NOT receive the communication.
If you want to establish a control group, make sure you switch on this option (YES).
Once the control group is activated, we will be able to select the percentage of users that we don't want to visualize the communication.
At the bottom we can see a message in a yellow box that warns of the control group that is being established.
In order to see the results of a communication with an established control group you must go to Behavior > Funnels. More information here.
6. Press send and confirm the pop-up if you agree to send.