EMMA gives you the possibility to enable three types of roles to manage and configure your Messaging campaigns.
To do this, first you must be the admin user of your EMMA account. If you are not yet, review the instructions about the user basic roles in this article.
- Enable and assign the pre-validation roles
- Types of pre-validation roles
- Owner and responsible users
- Summary of actions
Enable and assign the pre-validation roles
1. Login in EMMA and go to My Account > Users
2. Enable the "Approval requirement":
3. Create a new user or edit an already created one:
4. You will find three new roles: Author, Manager o Analyst. Select one of them and click on "Save":
Types of pre-validation roles
They are responsible for generating the Messaging campaign content: name, description, images, planning, etc. The only step that they won't be able to configure will be the target selection. They only will be able to choose a Segment Test previously saved with the test users.
Identify a Segment Test is very easy, as it will be always be named like "[TEST] Segment name". If you don't know how to create a Segment Test, here you have a simple guide where you can see how to do it.
Once filled all the steps, the "Author" user will be able to send the campaign to the following states:
- Draft: the campaign will be save as a draft and it won't be shown to any devices. Afterwards the "Author" will be able to edit this campaign.
- Testing: the campaign will be shown only to the devices in the SEGMENT TEST and going on until the user "Manager" approved the campaign.
- To Validate: the campaign won't be shown to any device until the "Manager" user approved the campaign.
These users will receive a real time email when a campaign made by them is published.
They are responsible for the validation of the campaign that the "Author" users have been sent to Testing or To Validate state. Once they have reviewed the configuration of the campaign, they must validate it and set it to "Approved" status. If a campaign does not have the right settings, the "Manager" user can edit the settings before they are marked "Approved".
In addition, "Manager" users have full permissions to create and edit campaigns in any state and without limitation to add and modify the TARGET.
So, this user will encounter three possible options in the last step of creating or reviewing a campaign:
- Draft:the campaign will be save as a draft and it won't be shown to any devices. Afterwards the "Manager" will be able to edit this campaign.
- Submit: if the "Manager" have created the campaign, he can publish it directly by clicking on the Submit button.
- Approve Message: if it was the "Author" user who created the campaign, the "Manager" will be able to approve it after checking that the configuration is correct. In this case the campaign will remain in the "Approved" status pending an "Analyst" role to enter the Target for publication.
These users will receive a real time email with all the campaigns that have the status "To validate". Also, this users will receive a real time email when a campaign validated by them is published.
They are responsible for setting up TARGET and launching (executing) the campaign. These users can only edit campaigns that are already in the Approved state, that is to say that have been previously validated by a "Manager".
The only step you can edit is the number 3, where they can load an already saved segment or create a new segment from scratch.
Once the target of the campaign is uploaded these users can publish the campaign by clicking on the Submit button. These campaigns will become Ready (in the case of an Automatic campaign) or Scheduled/Active (in the case of a Classic campaign).
These users will receive a real time email with all the campaigns that have the status "Approved".
If you have active campaign approval roles, you should know that if you do not modify the roles of all users with access to your app, they will be translated. In this case, the old Client role will have the same permissions as an "Author" user and an Agency user will have the permissions of a "Manager" user. The Provider role will not be translated into a new role and will continue to maintain its usual permissions.
Owner y responsible users
The users assigned as owner or responsible for a campaign will receive information only from the campaign(s) which they are assigned.
Below you can see more about each type of assignment and when they receive an email with campaign information.
Any user can be assigned as owner of the campaign, regardless of the role assigned, but by default, the owner user will be the user who creates the campaign.
These users will receive an email each time any type of modification is made on the campaign, whether it is to change the name of the campaign, validate it, change the target, pause it or publish it. Whatever change is made, the owner user will receive an email with the information of the campaign and the status.
The users assigned as responsible of the campaign only can be users with rol manager and the will be assigned as responsible in the time of campaign creation. There may be one or more user managers assigned to be responsible for the same campaign.
These users will receive an email with all the info of the campaign each time there is a campaign in "To validate" status, that is, when there is a campaign pending validation and also when the campaign they have validated has been published.
Summary of actions
Next you have the different actions that each role type can accomplish: