In Behavior > Explore you can consult all your data about the user activity with the app: type of users, sales, screens that they use...
EMMA offers a filter system so you can have all the information of your users, besides the labeling that you have established for your App.
- KPI's "I want to see"
- Add filters
- Available filters
- Save a new segment
- Saved Segments
- Reporting: how to reed the results
1. KPI's "I want to see"
All the data that you are going to consult in EXPLORE will depend on the main KPI that you choose.
The options will appear when you select I want to see...
Available filters to choosse in I want to see:
|Conversions||Purchases of the users|
|Revenue||Transaction orders value|
|Average Order Revenue||Average value per order/purchase|
|Average User Revenue||Average value made per user by purchase|
|Session||Every time that the user open the app|
|EVENT||Consult your implemented events|
2. Add filters
Once you select the main KPI that you want to consult, you can introduce all the filters you want to know:
1. If you want that all the conditions will execute, match "All" the following filters. If it is not neccesary that all the filters will be executed, you can select "some".
2. Once you select that, click the + botton to add the filters:
3. You can select all the available filters and start adding all you want by clicking in the +Add Filter button.
4. If you want to load a file you can do it in the cloud button that is located on the right of the filter. You have two options, manually upload the CSV to EMMA or if you prefer EMMA takes it to an FTP server whenever you need the filter. Remember to always set the username and password to go to the FTP path.
5. To delete a filter, you only have to select the red trash icon that is located on the right of the filter.
6. Each time that you update some information or you add/delete a filter, you have to select the Show button and the data will be updated.
3. Available filters
You can select in the Explore dashboard the filter that you want to consult in the list that EMMA provides you. To help you in your search, Para mejorar la búsqueda, se ha basado un sistema de selección de filtros en:
- All: breakdown of all the available filters
- Attributtes: breakdown of the filters that refer to device or app attributtes (OS, app version...) and to the tags implemented in the app.
- Events: includes all the events, the EMMA ones that appear by default and the app events that your app contains.
You can choose by:
|Android App Version||Android app version equal to, greater thar... (ex:1.0)|
|Android SDK EMMA Version||The version of EMMA SDK in Android|
|Android Device Model||User's android device model (ex.Samsumg Galaxy)|
|Android Version||Android OS Version equal to, greater than... del sistema operativo Android igual a, superior a...(ex. Android 4)|
|iOS App Version||iOS app version equal to greater than...(ex.1.0)|
|iOS SDK EMMA Version||The version of EMMA SDK in iOS|
|iOS Device Model||User's iOS device model (ex.Iphone 5c)|
|iOS Version||iOS OS Version equal to, greater than... (ex.iOS 10)|
|DEVICE ID||Unique identification number by iOS (IDFA) and Android (AAID)|
|EMMA ID||User identification number from EMMA platform|
|Customer ID||Your internal identification number to identify customer user|
|Location: Country||Country from user while was using app/mobile site geolocation|
|Location: City||City from user while was using app/mobile site geolocation|
|Location: State||State from user while was using app/mobile site geolocation|
|Multiple Devices||Number of unique devices located or the number of the unique users.|
|OS||iOS, Android, Windows Phone or other OS.|
|Order Value||Transaction orders value|
|Product Name||Tagged products: you can use all the additional fields of the products of your app that have been implemented.|
|Push Notification Open||Users who have opened the Push Notification|
|Push Notification Activated||Users who have activated the Push Notification|
|Source||KPI's of the sources from the Apptracker campaigns|
|Campaign||KPI's from the Apptracker campaigns|
|TAG||Identify unique characteristics from the user|
|First Purchase||First time that user purchased by app/mobilesite|
|Last Purchase||Última compra del usuario|
|Last seen||Last time that user purchased by app/mobilesite|
|Register||Users who have registered in the app|
|Last login||Last time that user made a login in app/mobilesite|
|Session||Every time that the users have been opened tha app/mobilesite|
|Login||Users who have made a login in the app|
|EVENT||Identify the user behavior with multiple actions that you have implemented in the app.|
4. Save a new segment
You can save all the selected filters so you can consult them everytime you want.
1. Once you select the filters, you have to click on the button on the upper right margin Saved Segment:
2. Enter the name you want to identify your segment and select Accept:
3. Your segment will save inside the option of Load a previously saved Segment:
5. Saved segments
In addition to the filters you have saved yourself, EMMA offers you a predefined segments that you can find in the option of Load a previously saved Segment.
In this segments you will find:
|A Users||Users who have opened the app in the last month and who have done more than one purchase.|
|A+ Users||Users who have opened the app in the last month, who have logged more than 4 times and who have made more than one purchase.|
|Active for push||Users who have activated the Push notifications.|
|Active Users||Users who have opened the app in the last month.|
|Inactive Users||Users who have not opened the app in the last month.|
|Installs (new users)||New users who have downloaded the app|
|Leads||Users who have registered in the app.|
|Register Offline||Users who have registered on a external site and who have logged in the app.|
|Non-Register Users||Users who have not registered or logged in the app.|
|Loyal Users||Users who have opened the app more than 4 times.|
|Organic Users||Users who have not come from any campaign.|
|Non-organic users||Users who come from campaign.|
|Buyers||Users who have purchased.|
|Loyal Buyers||Useers who have made two or more purchases|
|Non-buyers users||Users who have not purchased.|
6. Reporting: how to read your results
The EXPLORE dashboard show you the data results in two parts:
1. In the first one, you can see the general results of your selected filter:
- 123455...users in total: shows the total users of your data base regardless of the filter that you select.
- 4254 users: total users who meet the conditions of the selected filter.
To export this data, you have to select the box that contains the total users, open this article to know how to consult this data.
2. In the second part, you can see the results of the period of time that you are selecting:
- 105.. in total: total users who meet the conditions of your select filter in the period of time that you are using.
- Days, weeks, months: you can select the period of time you want to show in the graph. You can see the daily, weekly or monthy evolution of your data.
The data always will depend of the main KPI that you are selecting: users, conversions..
To export the data of a certain period of time that your select, you have to click in Export data: