1. Login EMMA website and go to Communication > Push.
2. First, select a name for your campaign (not visible for your users) and write the copy into the message box.
3. Set your push notification info:
- Scheduled date (optional): allows to schedule the sending in a specified date.
- Scheduled time (optional): allows to schedule the sending in a specified time.
Note: If you don't complete the scheduled options, the push notification will sent at the moment you press the send button.
- Set the time option::
Fixed GMT Time: the communication will be sent at the same time independently of the GMT time slots.
Device Local Time: the communication will be sent in different moments regarding to the GMT time slot of each country.
- Push life: Set the attribution window the push will be activated. The attribution window establishes the hours a transaction can be assigned to a push campaign if the user interact with the push (open the push) and buy after it.
- Select the frequency if you want to repeat your push campaign during a custom period (daily, weekly, monthly, custom...) and the specific day that you want to send it.
4. Set the rich content extras:
- Push tag (optional): allows the interaction after the user opens the push (e.g. redirect the user to certain view or deep-linking products or apply a discount offer).
See the integration guides (Push Notifications > Push Tag) to integrate the method into your app.
- Push sound (optional): allows send the push notification with personalized sounds through the integrated sounds in your app.
- Rate (optional): allows to choose the number of push notifications that you want to send per second.
- Rich Push URL (optional): allows customize the redirection after the push opening.
The use of the Rich Push URL is not compatible with the Push Tag through the same campaign.
See the integration guides (Push Notifications > Rich Push URL) to integrate the method into your app.
You can use Rich Push URL in two different ways:
- Rich Push http/https URL (http://www.yoururl.com/whatever): shows an interstitial with web content set by the URL when the user opens the push
- Rich Push DeepLink URL (scheme://host/page1/page2/page3): redirects to a specific section or action into the app when the user opens the push. All the DeepLink structure is custom.
- Rich picture: you can attached an image with the text for iOS & Android devices. Choose file, select the image (jpg, png or gif) you will send on push communication, crop it if needed and save.
The minimum recommended size is 450x225px. We also suggest to leave a small margin around the image borders to avoid cuts (due to OS issues unrelated to EMMA) that could compromise the understanding of the art piece, especially if it includes text.
If you want modify the image after done it, you should click on change. But if you want to change the image, you should click on “choose file”.
5. Set your target through select the users segments created or add a new one. You can go here if you don’t know how to create segments. Be sure to click on refresh before send to update the filter criteria selected.
EMMA will show this info updated:
- Devices targeted: devices with the segmentation criteria.
- Active for push: devices with the segmentation criteria that are enable to receive a push notification.
- Over Push Limit: active users for the push who have applied a frequency capping so they will not be reach. To customize your frequency capping, follow these instructions.
6. Press send and confirm the pop-up if you agree to send.